B

Princeton Edition: Shoney's

By Candace Nelson - 2:38 PM

UntitledUntitledSo, did you know that Shoney's (yes, that Shoney's!) was started in Charleston, West Virginia? That made it rise to my "must try" list pretty quickly. While I haven't been to Morgantown's location yet, Chris and I ventured to the Princeton restaurant one snowy evening. We kind of risked our life in hopes of a delicious fish sandwich (this is true - I was googling where in town had a fish sandwich. This was one of my few options).

When we walked inside, I noticed the odd kind-of store inside with random bags, clothes and other merchandise. Odd. We were seated, and I already knew my order. We got a spinach/artichoke dip for an appetizer, and Chris' eyes lit up at the sight of the buffet, which was a surf and turf of sorts on Friday apparently.

UntitledUntitledLong story short, the service was not ideal. The waitress forgot something and clearly loved* (*hated) her job. I asked for a to-go box for my food, and the hostess wasn't thrilled and told us to ask our waitress - apparently because Chris got the buffet it was an ordeal. But the food was actually pretty tasty - for American chain food.

UntitledThe fish was fried, but white and flaky inside. The tartar was a little heavy on the relish, but still hit the spot. A thick bun to house it, and I was good to go. The onion rings were mediocre. The spinach and artichoke dip was pretty good, but it became really thick and hard to dip the chips into. The chips were thick potato chips, but also kind of chewy. Different, but good. Chris was pretty thrilled with the buffet, too. I snuck a hushpuppy - yum!

Sometimes, you just want a fish sandwich.

Untitled


Grade: B
Shoney's on Urbanspoon

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All work property of Candace Nelson. Powered by Blogger.